Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Quilting| The Newest Quilt

Quilting 

This one is for all of the black sheep out there. It didn't start out that way; It started as a baby quilt for my niece. She was born in the year of the ram/lamb and her mother is Vietnamese. Thus the concept using the silhouette and Japanese fabrics. I gifted this quilt to the parents at Christmas, they were so appreciative and the other guests at the gathering were lavish with their praise. I hope it looks interesting to you all... :D



May I present: The latest quilt 


The quilt top is made from imprivisionaly piecing strips of the black striped fabric with the red components placed in interesting and pleasing arrangements. The black striped fabric was upcycled from a quilt cover that had a white based alternating strip. I cut out the black ones and used them because they were better. 


1/20/2017  - I added this quilt to the Friday Finishes for January 20th ,and AHIQ 2017.I am pretty new at this so I'm still trying to catch on to the blogging game :) click the below link to share 

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

8 comments:

  1. Cute quilt! love the red and black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sides are very inventive. I like how they express different styles in the same fabrics. Have you seen Mike McNamara's quilts? He adds a printed fabric representing the Chinese year symbol to each of his quilt tops. Looks like you're doing the same. Such a clever idea.
    Thanks for linking with AHIQ. We always enjoy seeing how people interpret improvisation and utility quilting.
    Thanks for linking with AHIQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! I will have to check him out! I love symbolism. I am new to the blogging world, thank you for having a link so I can meet all of you fine folks!

      Delete
  3. You really gave a lot of thought to make this a special quilt. Both sides are well done. Glad you linked up here. It's so nice to see,and learn how other quilters design and work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! I am really enjoying seeing different takes on quilting. Thank you for having a link to link up with. lol!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to AHIQ! This is really original and thoughtful - I'm not surprised the recipients were thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaja, Thank you for the welcome. I am trying to figure out how to stay connected with you folks as you all seem very thoughtful too! :) I am in the middle of one for my nephew and am using the process pledge for my blogging guide!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com