Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Quilting | The Cabin Blanket

Hi, I finished a quilt. The name changed, the design changed, the purpose changed.... sigh, ART. It is now simple pretty and useful. How wonderful is that!



The cabin blanket that was I making a lot of scrappy HST's for; It is finished! This thing was going to be a duvet cover!?!! what was I thinking?! hahaha you can read about in the link above.


I was not sure If I was going to make it with a symmetrical border or not. I decided not and I worked fantastically! This snuggly cutie has been claimed by my fiance. lol. The blanket and me I guess.


It is so soft and snuggly

It has simple quilting that shows on the back and I love this one more than I planned. Most of the fabrics are from my mom's friend and the annual church fabric sale. 


 It has truly grown on me. Its funny how quilts do that



Linked to em's scrapbag http://emsscrapbag.blogspot.ca/

7 comments:

  1. Just love the pops of yellow and hot pink! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige, I see you are working on HST's in your magnolia quilt right now too!

      Delete
  2. It is lovely! And how nice that your fiancé has claimed it (and you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nettie :) hehehe, my fiance is so ever enduringly supportive of my quilt making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on your newly completed scrappy quilt (and on finding a fiance that loves what you make.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jesse. So glad you are enjoying the blog! Thank you for the complement :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com