Monday, January 29, 2018

Quilting | Geese and Snow

Hello friends, over the weekend my fiance and I went up to our cabin. We try and make the two-hour jaunt most weekends. The cabin has power but no running water or gas, except for the gas stove which is hooked up to a large propane bottle outside. 


I mostly stayed inside and used my mother in laws old sewing machine to do some quilting on the Monster Mash, and the Geese Quilts.  I also used my ball winder to untangle the ungodly mess of yarn barf I have up at the cabin in my stash. 

I thought that it would be nice to take some pictures of the quilts up there but the light wasn't quite bright enough, the snow, however, was a delightful show. 

The Geese quilt is under the needle in my city sewing room now that we are back in the city for the week. I wonder if it will be done for the Friday finishes!?! that would be fun. 



Until the next time we can get up there, I will dream and remember the cozy time I spend at our getaway.


Until next time my friends, stay cozy or cool, whichever.

Sarah




Linkning to Monday Making, Oh Scrap and Moving it Forward Monday  ; Em's Scrap Bag

Monday MakingQuilting is more fun than Housework

14 comments:

  1. love, love, love your scrappy geese quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I had a lot of fun making this one. Good for any scrappy enthusiast. I love being able to work with a lot of fabric at once.

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Even with the dark light your geese look fantastic in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaja. It was so deceiving, from inside the cabin it looked really bright outside but once I got out there I could tell the light was behind the trees and the clouds. I have to remember winter light is different than summer light at 5:oopm. durh.lol.

      Delete
  3. Your geese top looks great. To me they are flying north - spring is on its way! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does feel like spring is on the way even if we did just get a bunch of snow, that bitter bitter cold is gone and a mild sunny version is moving in. I'll take it!

      Delete
  4. Great quilt. Glad you had it for warmth. Looks like it was cold at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! one of the joy's of making quilts is that they sit on my lap while I am sewing/quilting/binding. I love blankets, I don't discriminate. lol. I felt safer on the road home too, knowing if we got stuck we wouldn't be short of warmth.

      Delete
  5. What a fun project, and a great setting to work on it. So great to be warm and cozy inside when the weather is cold and ... cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun "no pattern" project. I kept marveling on the beauty outside and how truly lucky I am. This quilt is going to someone in trade for home made local fruit pies :)

      Delete
  6. The geese quilt is so beautiful and I love your pictures of the snow. I wish I was there as it has warmed up here and it's getting all slushy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! that means your spring is closer! I love hearing about the spring that heads our way north. I get a glimpse of the season to come sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those geese! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geese are pretty awesome to make. I was intimidated by them at first but they just sort of flew together. lol

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com