Monday, March 5, 2018

Quilting | AHIQ Post Punk Circus

Hi! I have been waiting to show you all this! My progress on the Post Punk Circus. Last night I measured the horozantal strips of large diamonds and started taping paper together to draw the ballgown on. I wanted a bit of a pattern for the structure of the peiced hexagons so I could see where to add the next one. I dont have a design wall so I have to work on a flat surface and do the quilt in peices.


I usually only draw half of the pattern if the design is semetrical then fold over the paper to get an even shape. All of the hexagons are machine peiced because I can and I am pretty impatient. I think I have the knack of getting the Y seams down. It is pretty easy if you leave enough room in the joins.



Once I finished peicing all of the white and off white diamonds for the upper half of the background, I was not happy. Maybe I need to iorn them out, but being a newer quilter I went about putting them together a little willy-nilly and the peice did not come out straight. Iron, trim, iron, add more, iron, may be my process to fix them.





















I am holding myself back from the fussy cutting for the ginormus hair stack on this lady untuil the gown is done and I start working my way up this quilt.




































I am so impatient with wanting this quilt to come together! aggh!

I cant wait to show you all the parts together.


Untuil next time friends, stay punk.



Sarah

Linking with Kaja's AHIQ Playing Wth Scale challange, Monday Making and Move it Forward Monday, and SillyMamaQuilts  , Esters blog WOW link up  , and Julie lou

AHIQ



7 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting process to watch. It's quite different than the way I work so I like seeing it. The hexies look like they will work out quite well in the ball gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I worked on the hexies last night and I am half done now! it looks great! I am thinking I want a dress that looks like this one. hehe.

      Delete
  2. I, too, find your process quite unique. Very interesting to follow along. It will be gorgeous when you finish. Thanks for linking such original work with AHIQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thank you for commenting :) I think I might remake this quilt if I like it in the end. there are bits I could of put together better. Figuing it out is pretty much my MO.

      Delete
  3. This is fascinating. Thanks for all the process detail - always the most interesting part. I can't wait to see how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaja, I am trying to follow your lead and share about the process. I really enjoy reading about yours. I cant wait to show everyone how it turns out.

      Delete
  4. thanks so much for linking up!
    can't wait to see more...

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com