Friday, August 31, 2018

Quilting | Lovely For the Set of Three

Hello Everyone. It is after the summer and it seems to be "back to it" after the summer boom. If the seasons and their various levels of busyness were described in economic terms then the summer would be a boom and the winter a recession (where we get cozy and use everything we gathered in the boom)

This summer was a busy one for sure! we renovated our house, sold said house, bought a larger house, planned a wedding and got married at the larger house aannnd now we are heading to the UK in two weeks.

I have managed to carve out time to get in the sewing room, I now have a sewing room!!! i am soooo loving it so far!


I have almost finished up the piecing for this quilt for a client. it is the first in a series of three. The three do not look alike one being a swoon quilt and the other a bird quilt.


The lady I am making the quilts for made me some hand made cold pressed custom scented soaps. soooo yummy. every time i shower it smells milky and real, not chemicalyy and perfumy! thank you Rebecca!

 This weekend is harvesting the garden before we go to England! Linking to Finished or not Fridays , Off the Wall Friday , and Can I get a Whoop Whoop  , Needle and Thread Thursday


Until next time,

Stay lovely

Sarah



12 comments:

  1. You have definitely had one booming summer full of lots of good things! Loving the scrappy yumminess in the quilt you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have had a crazy busy summer. I hope you enjoy your trip! Love the colors in that quilt and the scrappy fun of those HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding. The two of you look so lovely in that photo. Have a great time in the U.K. The quilt is really a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tire of this pattern, especially when done scrappy style. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have been busy! Love this pink and purple quilt! Have a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy summer! Congratulations! Nice quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your marriage! That is super exciting to have a sewing room now too. Your pink and purple quilt is beautiful too! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting finished or not Friday! it is one of my favorite linkies :) I don't always have a finish something in a week lol, but I love to share and connect with the quilting community.

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a busy and amazing Summer you've had. Congratulations on your wedding. Such a special day and you look so lovely. I love your gorgeous purple triangles - I want a HST quilt, butt he idea of making all those HSTs keeps turning me away. Have fun in England - it's beautiful there so be sure and pack the camera.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! The summer has been soo crazy busy, even the fall seems to be pretty busy. We are trying to get the garden harvested and the pool shut down before we go away. The HST's weren't too bad and in a full confession I have been working on this one for about 9 months. Thank you for the wishes for England, I am so excited to go and have some quiet time in the countryside with my Granny. <3

      Delete
  9. Goodness, you have had a busy time! Congrats on getting married! Loving all your purple HSTs, how big are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Thanks! everyone keeps asking how married life is.... lol Its the same. I think the HST's are 3.5" finished. The Quilt will be a twin size.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com