Monday, February 5, 2018

Quilting | Over the Rainbow "There's no place like home"

I am quilting on the Over the Rainbow Quilt!. I needed something that would be good for solid squares, something that could be done in a row, and something fun and cute that would challenge me. I hit my Pinterest FMQ board to see what types of ideas I had stored there my Alice in Wonderland-like rabbit hole search landed me at Lori Kennedy's Inbox Jaunt blog  I scrolled down all the impossibly cute designs and said yes to the first one that squeaked "do it!"

This is what happened after!




















Pretty cute hey! This quilt is for a lovely lady in Kansas! how appropriate!




In other news, I have a position on the board of my local rug hooking guild as outreach coordinator. Because I had no idea what I was supposed to do I attended a local Focus on the Fiber Arts Anual General Meeting. After learning about budgets, grants, and events, there was a needlework class!  I did a pretty crappy job I am NOT good at needlework. I am not even going to show you a picture! lol. 

I was so stressed out with needlework which is strange because I love EPP and hand sewing. The above picture is an English Paper Piecing project I picked up on a road trip across the prairies in October to keep me busy. I won't give up on needlepoint totally.... but I am confident that I can cross it off the list for now. 




Until next time, Stay cute my friends! hehe



Sarah






and Monday Making 

Monday Making

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, now the challenge is; what am I going to do with them? lol.

      Delete
  2. omg. squuuueeeeal! I just bought fabric today to make something inspired by W.O Oz.... love that fabric you have there... and talk about synchronicity! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's Awesome! super synchronicity!! I did the whole back out of the W.O. material! I the stuff you are doing right now with your pillows and pouches! Email me your address and I will send you what is left! (half meter or so)

      Delete
  3. I love that little quilting pattern. It is so cute. We used some of that wizard of oz fabric in one of our donation qults. Hmmm. I wonder if I have a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I would love to see a photo. now I have half a mind to go and google wizard of Oz quilts. The quilting pattern felt fun and easy to do too. Now Just more practice to get it all not so squigly. lol

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com