Friday, February 9, 2018

Quilting | Wild Child

I am starting a new Quilt!

I love working with clients; they inspire me to do things I would not initially consider doing. Because the Mnoster Mash and the Flying Geese both left my sewing room this week, I felt like I could take on something new.






















I have taken on the 30 quilt designs challenge in 2018 It prompted me to plan this one out a little bit. I usually draw out my designs like this early in the quilt stage. Sometimes after large pieces of it have been completed and sometimes before the fabric pull. In this case, It was done after the fabric pull but before any sewing began.






This bear panel is the top part of a larger panel that I think I am going to cut in half to be able to make the quilt more scrappy. It is so beautiful though.
I wanted to find some more animals to go with the bear motif. I saw these darling wolves! I have a thing for wolves right now, but it is true I cannot deny it. This year being the year of the dog I think it is entirely en vogue! 

I think I will fussy cut some of these pretty darlings into some squares. 

This is the beginning of something pretty cool I think! I am really starting to love the quilts I make. I might have to make one for myself soon.



Until next time my friends,

Stay Wild!


Sarah


Linking to

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands QuiltsConfessions Of A Fabric Addict

5 comments:

  1. This looks like it will be fun. I did the 30 days of quilt designs last year but I'm resisting this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, It is pretty interesting to focus on one part of a process. I am noticing things about how I make quilts and at what point a design starts to come together for me and at what point I can actually commit to it. It will be interesting to see how design elements change based on different factors in the quilting process. I am enjoying this challenge for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a plan! Nice fabric choices to to go with the panels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige, I pulled everything I had that I thought would go. I am worried it wont be enough. I am hoping to make it work!

      Delete
  3. Great fabric! How's it coming along?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com