Monday, February 12, 2018

Quilting | AHIQ Playing With Scale

Hi All, I have joined the 30 quilt designs by April challenge by mmmquilts! it really helped me get my ideas for the AHIQ playing with scale quilt moving along.


I have created several of the elements I want to put together in this quilt. I am getting pretty nervous to see if they do go together 

I knew what I wanted to do (mostly) and I had some bits started so I put them together in design entry #1



This past weekend I cut and sewed neutrals for the background with some vertical diamonds. And I resized all of the extra hexies to 3" hexies for the skirt. It was too hard to combine different sizes of hexies, that's an EPP game I am not ready to play yet.  





I can't wait to show you all of the pieces together. I think the next step will be drafting a paper pattern for the dress and body and hair. Hello, pencil and scotch tape!




Until next time stay hopeful my friends,

Sarah

Linking to





2 comments:

  1. I am staying hopeful and I'm interested in seeing how your playing with scale quilt works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting, Sarah. Thanks for sharing your idea sketch. I noticed how you're fitting the pieced rows into the figure and want to watch that develop. Plus, you've chosen a very sophisticated color and fabric scheme. This is one to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me messages. I have been replying to ya'll on the blog and I am pretty sure the blog doesn't send you the reply. I will be starting to reply from my gmail as of now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon. If you would rather send me an email I am at sarahsbusy@gmail.com